About This Textbook
An introductory textbook in business that covers a variety of topics:
- The Foundations of Business
- Economics and Business
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Business in a Global Environment
- Forms of Business Ownership
- Entrepreneurship: Starting a Business, Management and Leadership
- Structuring Organizations
- Operations Management
- Motivating Employees
- Managing Human Resources
- Union/Management Issues
- Marketing: Providing Value, Accounting and Financial Information, and Personal Finances
What’s In This Book
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Share - You may copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Adapt - You may remix, transform, and build upon the material.
As long as you follow these terms:
Give credit - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
Don't use commercially - You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
Share with the same license - If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No further restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Field Expert Reviews
Textbooks are reviewed by subject matter experts in addition to our quality assurance process. Reviewers are paid an honourarium to provide their honest feedback on the material.