About This Textbook
This book is intended to give students a basic understanding of nutritional information and labelling in the baking industry. In particular, there is a focus on Canadian regulations regarding labelling and merchandising of baked goods, as well as baking for customers with special diets, allergies, and intolerances.
Nutrition and Labelling for the Canadian Baker is one of a series of Culinary Arts books developed to support the training of students and apprentices in British Columbia’s food service and hospitality industry. Although created with the Professional Cook and Baker programs in mind, these have been designed as a modular series, and therefore can be used to support a wide variety of programs that offer training in food service skills. Other books in the series include:
- Basic Kitchen and Food Service Management
- Working in the Food Service Industry
- Workplace Safety in the Food Service Industry
- Meat Cutting and Processing
- Human Resources in the Food Service and Hospitality Industry
- Nutrition and Labelling for the Canadian Baker
- Understanding Ingredients for the Canadian Baker
- Modern Pastry and Plated Dessert Techniques
What’s In This Book
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
As long as you follow these terms:
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.