About This Textbook
It is important for you to be familiar with techniques for soldering electrical connections and how to use wireless connectors. For example, the ends of the finely stranded wires used for power supply cords on most portable power tools are soldered to permit a long-lasting, troublefree connection. Solder also produces secure, durable electrical connections for switches, plugs, and tools. Wireless connectors are commonly used in many electrical applications because they are quick and easy to use.
The following list of lines and competencies was generated with the goal of creating an entry-level trades training resource, while still offering the flexibility for lines to be used as stand-alone books.
- E-1 Describe the Basic Principles of Electricity,
- E-2 Identify Common Circuit Components and Their Symbols,
- E-3 Explain Wiring Connections,
- E-4 Use Multimeters.
Special thanks to CAPER-BC for creating the audio recording for each Competency.
What’s In This Book
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
As long as you follow these terms:
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.