About This Textbook
Codes, regulations, standards, specifications, and recommended practices are used in all aspects of construction, fabrication, manufacturing, and inspection.
The following list of lines and competencies was generated with the goal of creating an entry-level trades training resource, while still offering the flexibility for lines to be used as stand-alone books. Line D – Organizational Skills.
- D-1 Solve Trades Mathematical Problems,
- D-2 Apply Science Concepts to Trades Applications,
- D-3 Read Drawings and Specifications,
- D-4 Use Codes, Regulations, and Standards,
- D-5 Use Manufacturer and Supplier Documentation,
- D-6 Plan Projects.
Special thanks to CAPER-BC (https://caperbc.ca/) for creating the audio recording for each Competency.
What’s In This Book
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
As long as you follow these terms:
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.