About This Textbook
Power tools play a major role in virtually every trade. You will be expected to be familiar with a wide range of portable and stationary power tools and to understand the safe operation of these tools. Proper maintenance improves the life and performance of the tool. Correct set-up and operating procedures ensure good results and prevent injury.
The following list of lines and competencies was generated with the goal of creating an entry-level trades training resource, while still offering the flexibility for lines to be used as stand-alone books. Line C – Tools and Equipment.
- C-1 Describe Common Hand Tools and Their Uses,
- C-2 Describe Common Power Tools and Their Uses,
- C-3 Describe Rigging and Hoisting Equipment,
- C-4 Describe Ladders and Platforms.
Special thanks to CAPER-BC (https://caperbc.ca/) for creating the audio recording for each Competency.
What’s In This Book
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
As long as you follow these terms:
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Field Expert Reviews
Textbooks are reviewed by subject matter experts in addition to our quality assurance process. Reviewers are paid an honourarium to provide their honest feedback on the material.