About This Textbook
Safety is a part of the job. When you take a job, you have a safety obligation to your employer, co-workers, family, and yourself. By recognizing and understanding the hazards in your work area, you can prevent the occurrence of many accidents. Most accidents are preventable. Both employees and employers must take responsibility for making the workplace safe.
The following list of lines and competencies was generated with the goal of creating an entry-level trades training resource, while still offering the flexibility for lines to be used as stand-alone books. Line A Books include:
- A-1 Control Workplace Hazards,
- A-2 Describe WorkSafeBC Regulations,
- A-3 Handle Hazardous Materials Safely,
- A-4 Describe Personal Safety Practices,
- A-5 Describe Fire Safety.
Special thanks to CAPER-BC (https://caperbc.ca/) for creating the audio recording for each Competency.
What’s In This Book
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
As long as you follow these terms:
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.