About This Textbook
This textbook is a concise, understandable, and effective guide on intermediate level mathematics. This book can be used by
- Adult Basic Education programs at colleges
- students in community colleges
- high schools
- resource rooms
- self-study readers
- new teachers to brush up on their mathematics
- professionals as a quick review of some basic mathematic formulas and concepts
- by parents to help their children with homework.
In this book, each topic, concept, term, and phrase has a clear definition followed by examples. It acts as a concise study guide, quickly getting to the heart of each particular topic, helping students with a quick review before doing mathematics homework or preparing for tests. Key terms, definitions, properties, phrases, concepts, formulae, rules, and equations are easily located, and it provides clear step-by-step procedures for applying theorems and solving word problems, using realistic real-world application examples.
In addition, each unit has a self-test that allows students to test their understanding of the material. Students can also take the self-test before beginning the unit to determine how much they know about the topic. Those who do well may decide to move on to the next unit.
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
As long as you follow these terms:
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.