About This Textbook
"Introductory Business Statistics with Interactive Spreadsheets - 1st Canadian Edition" is an adaptation of Thomas K. Tiemann's book, "Introductory Business Statistics".
In addition to covering basics such as
- the difference between data and information
- sampling distributions
- descriptive statistics and frequency distributions
- normal and t-distributions
- hypothesis testing
- analysis of variance
- non-parametric tests
- regression basics
the following information has been added:
- the chi-square test and categorical variables
- null and alternative hypotheses for the test of independence
- simple linear regression model
- least squares method
- coefficient of determination
- confidence interval for the average of the dependent variable
- prediction interval for a specific value of the dependent variable
This new edition also allows readers to learn the basic and most commonly applied statistical techniques in business in an interactive way -- when using the web version -- through interactive Excel spreadsheets. All information has been revised to reflect Canadian content.
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
As long as you follow these terms:
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Field Expert Reviews
Textbooks are reviewed by subject matter experts in addition to our quality assurance process. Reviewers are paid an honourarium to provide their honest feedback on the material.