About This Textbook
This first and only university textbook of human security is intended as an introductory text from senior undergraduate level up and includes chapters by 24 authors, from BC, Canada, and around the globe, that encompass the full spectrum of disciplines contributing to the human security field. It is based on the four pillar model of socio-political security, economic security, environmental security and health security. The chapters include learning outcomes, extension activities, and suggested readings; a comprehensive glossary lists key terms used throughout the book.
It can be used in courses on
- international studies and relations
- political studies
- human geography
- anthropology and human ecology
- futures studies
- applied social studies
- public health
- and more
What’s In This Book
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
As long as you follow these terms:
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.