About This Textbook
This resource covers the following learning objectives:
- explain the uses and misuses of statistics;
- demonstrate an understanding of mean, median, mode, range, quartiles, percentiles, standard deviation, the normal curve, z scores, sampling error, and confidence intervals;
- graphically present data in the form of frequency tables, line graphs, bar graphs, and stem and leaf plots;
- design and conduct a statistics project; and
- analyze the data and communicate your observations about the data.
This textbook was written for Adult Basic Education (ABE) Advanced Level Mathematics.
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Share - You may copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Adapt - You may remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
As long as you follow these terms:
Give credit - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Field Expert Reviews
Textbooks are reviewed by subject matter experts in addition to our quality assurance process. Reviewers are paid an honourarium to provide their honest feedback on the material.