About This Textbook
The purpose of this book is to help students achieve the learning objectives of their English 12 course. These include how to write intelligently, clearly, and fluently
- understand and employ effectively the conventions of various forms of school and college writing assignments
- read actively and critically
- understand and appreciate diverse and inclusive works of imaginative literature
- think critically, creatively, and reflectively.
This book is divided into two parts. Part I is a Composition Handbook designed to teach students the components of the writing process and the conventions of various forms of school and college writing assignments.
Part II is an Anthology of Literature designed to help students read actively, analyze, understand, enjoy, and appreciate stories, poems, and plays by a diverse and inclusive group of exceptional writers.
What’s In This Book
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Share - You may copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Adapt - You may remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
As long as you follow these terms:
Give credit - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Field Expert Reviews
Textbooks are reviewed by subject matter experts in addition to our quality assurance process. Reviewers are paid an honourarium to provide their honest feedback on the material.