About This Textbook
The content of this textbook is aligned with the British Columbia Adult Basic Education learning outcomes for the Advanced Level Business/Technical Mathematics. The textbook covers nine groups of learning outcomes organized in chapters. The first three chapters cover the core learning outcomes:
- Operations with Real Numbers
- First Degree Equations and Inequalities
- Equations and their Graphs
The remaining chapters cover the following six topics:
- Systems of Equations
- Health Option
- Data Analysis 1
- Data Analysis 2.
What’s In This Book
Using This Material
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Share - You may copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Adapt - You may remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
As long as you follow these terms:
Give credit - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Field Expert Reviews
Textbooks are reviewed by subject matter experts in addition to our quality assurance process. Reviewers are paid an honourarium to provide their honest feedback on the material.