About This Textbook
Basic Kitchen and Food Service Management is one of a series of Culinary Arts open textbooks developed to support the training of students and apprentices in British Columbia’s foodservice and hospitality industry. Although created with the Professional Cook, Baker, and Meatcutter programs in mind, these have been designed as a modular series, and therefore can be used to support a wide variety of programs that offer training in foodservice skills.
Other books in the series include:
- Basic Kitchen and Food Service Management
- Working in the Food Service Industry
- Workplace Safety in the Food Service Industry
- Meat Cutting and Processing
- Human Resources in the Food Service and Hospitality Industry
- Nutrition and Labelling for the Canadian Baker
- Understanding Ingredients for the Canadian Baker
- Modern Pastry and Plated Dessert Techniques
What’s In This Book
Using This Material
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Share - You may copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Adapt - You may remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
As long as you follow these terms:
Give credit - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.