About This Textbook
This is a textbook for first year computer science. It covers:
- programming environments for motion, graphics, and geometry
- programming concepts (beyond notation)
- complexity of problems and algorithms
- data structures
- the interaction between algorithms and data structures (case studies in geometric computation)
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Share - Copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Adapt - Remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
As long as you follow these terms:
Give credit - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
Do not add restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Field Expert Reviews
Textbooks are reviewed by subject matter experts in addition to our quality assurance process. Reviewers are paid an honourarium to provide their honest feedback on the material.