Introduction to Marketing
Course packs made of openly licensed course materials for educators to use, customize, and share for free. They are collaboratively designed by subject matter experts, instructors, and instructional designers.
Throughout this course we will be working on a business idea that you will generate based upon your interests. To do so, you must think about what you can do or sell to make extra money. You must follow these basic restrictions for your idea. Throughout this course, you will be referring to this business but you will not have to actually create this business. When your business idea is mentioned throughout your course, treat it as a mock business.
- Describe fundamental principles of marketing, terms and definitions, as well as the role of the marketing manager.
- Explain the 4 Ps of marketing.
- Develop an understanding of the decisions involved in the marketing function of organizations.
- Analyze complex marketing problems and generate appropriate recommendations for implementation.
- Recognize corporate social responsibility concerns related to marketing (e.g. sustainability, cultural appropriation, green-washing).
- Design a Marketing Plan using the group problem solving method.
- Marketing Instructor's Manual
- Instructor Manual 1 - Module 1
- Assignment 1 and Marking Rubric
- Instructor Manual 2 - Module 2
- Assignment 2 and Marking Rubric
- Instructor Manual 3 - Module 3
- Assignment 3 and Marking Rubric
- Instructor Manual 4 - Module 4
- Assignment 4 and Marking Rubric
- Instructor Manual 5 - Module 5
- Assignment 5 and Marking Rubric
- Instructor Manual 6 - Module 6
- Assignment 6 and Marking Rubric
- Midterm Exam and Marking Rubric
- Final Exam and Marking Rubric