About This Textbook
This is a modular open textbook designed for entrepreneurial journalism, media innovation, and related courses. It covers the following topics:
- Developing the Entrepreneurial Mindset,
- Customer Discovery,
- Business Models for Content & Technology Ventures,
- Nonprofit Model Development,
- Freelancing as Entrepreneurship and Consulting as Business Models,
- Startup Funding,
- Pitching Ideas,
- Marketing Your Venture to Audiences, and
- Entrepreneurship Abroad: Cultural and International Perspectives and Challenges.
Michelle Ferrier and Elizabeth Mays
August 23, 2017
What’s In This Book
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
ShareYou may copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
AdaptYou may remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
As long as you follow these terms:
Give creditYou must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.