About This Textbook
The intended audience of the textbook is first-year undergraduates taking courses on the principles of macroeconomics and microeconomics. Many may never take another economics course. We aim to increase their economic literacy both by developing their aptitude for economic thinking and by presenting key insights about economics that every educated individual should know. We have written a fundamentally different text for principles of economics, based on two premises:
- Students are motivated to study economics if they see that it relates to their own lives, and
- students learn best from an inductive approach, in which they are first confronted with a question and then led through the process of how to answer that question.
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
As long as you follow these terms:
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Field Expert Reviews
Textbooks are reviewed by subject matter experts in addition to our quality assurance process. Reviewers are paid an honourarium to provide their honest feedback on the material.