About This Textbook
A Brief Introduction to Engineering Computation with MATLAB is specifically designed for students with no programming experience. However, students are expected to be proficient in first year mathematics and sciences and access to good reference books are highly recommended. Students are assumed to have a working knowledge of the Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows operating systems. The strategic goal of the course and book is to provide learners with an appreciation for the role computation plays in solving engineering problems. MATLAB specific skills that students are expected to be proficient in are:
- write scripts to solve engineering problems including interpolation,
- numerical integration and regression analysis,
- plot graphs to visualize, analyze and present numerical data, and
- publish reports.
This resource is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
As long as you follow these terms:
Other things to know:
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Field Expert Reviews
Textbooks are reviewed by subject matter experts in addition to our quality assurance process. Reviewers are paid an honourarium to provide their honest feedback on the material.